The history and life of the «AKKOND» confectionary
The “AKKOND” confectionary was founded in August 1943. It was a small-scale domestic industry which turned out 120-140 tons of production per year, namely sweets, iced fruit gingerbreads, chocolate sugar, nut rolled cakes, syrup, fruit drinks. 15 people worked in the manufactory.
In 1948 vapour equipment was installed, and the confectionary began to turn out 500 tons of production per year.
In 1960s new areas were launched to produce wafers, hard sweets, sticks, and the caramel production line was mechanized. The confectionary team reached the production turnout of 4400 tons per year due to the most important capacity of the plan performance – the maximum use of industrial facilities.
In 1980s new production spaces and manufacturing lines were launched as the confectionary moved to a new production site. It was the start of the development in the caramel continuous flow production line, the integrated mechanized line to produce fondant sweets, the wafers production line, the toffee mechanized production line and the praline production line. New lines were introduced, namely a mechanized zephyr production line, an integrated mechanized jellies production line, a continuous flow mechanized line to produce unglazed fondant sweets, as well as the second toffee production line and two weighting and packing machines on the biscuits production line.
In 1987 the company was headed by Ivanov Valery Nickolaevich, who has been managing the company by now.
In 1990 a new building was constructed, the production of 20 brands of cracker was developed. The confectionary’s air compressor station was reconstructed.
During 1994 over 40 items of self-design competitive production were developed, a large amount of works on the production lines reconstruction and the equipment replacement and extension was performed.
Since 1994 the company’s outlets have been opening. The intensive work on further mechanization of manufacturing processes was performed, namely, bulk storage of puree was assembled and installed.
In the period of 1996 – 1998 – the technology of nut roasting, the chocolate glaze production department and fat preparation department were assembled and launched; in 1998 the production was transferred to the technology park from the modernly equipped domestic boiler house.
Since January 1998 the technical and processing bases have been prepared to produce a new product in Russia, soft caramel based on domestic materials. As for today, AKKOND is the only Russian manufacturer of soft chewy caramel “Kapelka”, which has still been in stable demand almost in every corner of Russia and near foreign countries.
In 1999 the JSC AKKOND has been implementing the quality control system in accordance with international standards ISO 9001:1994, under which higher quality confectionary will be produced more regularly.
In 2010 the company was successfully certified as conforming to the new version of ISO 9001:2008 and to the food safety system HACCP.
In February 2003 the new technological line for the production of the crispy sweets “Slimo” was put into operation.
In August 2003 the confectionary celebrated its 60th anniversary. The company’s anniversary was marked by the launch of the new technological line for the production of two-coloured hard caramel.
In 2004 the company continues to implement the policy of upgrading the production and developing new production items. The AKKOND, JSC achieved a great success being one of the first Russian companies to integrate the quality control system ISO 9001:2000 into the food safety system HACCP.
Since 2006 the CJSC “AKKOND-TRANS” has been working under the brand of AKKOND having a fleet of 200 motor vehicles.
In December 2007 the history of bread and pastry shop of AKKOND, JSC in the town of Kanash began. That time it was a small-scale production area, operating on night shifts only. During the very first year the production volume raised 2.5 times. By now the range of products constitutes about 35 items, including cakes, pastry, rolled cakes.
In 2008 the second production building in total area of 10000 sq. m was opened, the production volume raised and the range of production was extended. Since 2008 the new business project, CJSC “Firm “Akkond Agro” has been operating in the countryside. Today this leading agricultural enterprise of the Chuvash Republic produces up to 10 tons of milk per day.
At the end of 2008 AKKOND, JSC was pronounced the winner of the economic contest among manufacturing and power enterprises of the Chuvash Republic, in which about 50 enterprises with manpower of over 1500 people took place. In the following year AKKOND, JSC confirmed the win.
In 2009 and 2010 the Administration of the Federal Tax Services of the Chuvash Republic considered AKKOND, JSC the best taxpayer of the year.
In 2010 the company was considered the best exporter of the Chuvash Republic; by that time the confectionary by AKKOND had been known not only in every region of Russia, but also in foreign countries. Direct supplies are maintained to 10 countries of the world. In the same year the company established the Logistics centre with an automated system of accounting and finished product output. The area of the Logistics centre constitutes 6000 sq. m, up to 10 motor vans and 6 railcars are able to carry out loading at the same time.
At present AKKOND, JSC can be described as a holding company of several vertically-integrated enterprises, namely a confectionary, a chain of outlets, a transportation company and an agricultural enterprise.